Definición de literacy en inglés:
1The ability to read and write.
- Innovative programmes successfully encouraged adults to develop their literacy and numeracy skills.
- One in five adults has poor literacy skills and it is many of these who cannot find employment.
- Its treasures must be plundered and used to fund literacy programmes and childcare.
1.1Competence or knowledge in a specified area: wine literacy can’t be taught in three hours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is the challenge of actually tapping the talent and cultural literacy in our diverse population.
- It's not computer literacy these lost kids need, but cultural literacy.
- Inadequate health literacy was identified in 16 participants.
late 19th century: from literate, on the pattern of illiteracy.