A person who opposes an international role or policy for Britain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There's a peculiarly English thing about French-bashing, but there's also a Little Englander thing in general about how the film industry actually works.
- But you don't have to be a Little Englander to be concerned about the commission poking their noses into a tax regime which is, after all, in its fourth decade of operation.
- He is now too parochial to be a Little Englander.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, if they organised industrial action to stop jobs being offshored, then I would support that, and argue against any Little Englandism or worse that might go with it.
- He said he would ‘oppose the rancid Little Englandism that has gripped the country’ - and leave the Conservative Party if it slid too far.
- Successive sterling crises have demonstrated to all but the most insular Britons that Little Englandism will not work in the modern industrial world.
Definición de Little Englander en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda