Definición de littoral en inglés:
- Efforts already under way to improve operational effectiveness in littoral waters against a continental power armed with modern missiles and asymmetric capabilities and tactics must be continued.
- However, the measurable distance from the sea bed to the sea surface is limited to around 50 meters, so the sensors cannot function in the open ocean, only in littoral areas.
- Moscow and Tehran recently avoided a potentially damaging row over the legal status of the Caspian Sea and sharing its energy resources by putting off the summit of the littoral states.
- Many wetlands around the world are characterized by shallow water, dense vegetation in the littoral zones, no significant riverine inflow and minimal circulation.
- Similarly, redundancy analysis showed that minimum winter or spring temperature significantly influenced the relative abundance of littoral taxa in seven lakes.
- Third, germination of papyrus from seed may have been hampered by residual saline porewater in littoral soils.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- In this initiative he reversed the whole purpose of Sweden's great mission to its people stranded along the Delaware littoral, which had been to preserve their national character in the midst of Pennsylvanian chaos.
- One concept - Objective Maneuver from the Sea - was developed in response to future threats along the littorals, which are characterized by large cities, well-populated areas, and the intersection of trade routes.
- They exported the wines of Lebanon (and the wine-making practices of Canaan) along the littorals of North Africa and to Spain, Sardinia, and Sicily.
- In 1907, erosion increased, eating away the coastal littoral beneath Keta.
- That was in the context, your Honour, of a sanitary survey or, if you want to call it another thing, a pollution audit, to get around and find the points of pollution around this particular littoral around the lake.
Mid 17th century: from Latin littoralis, from litus, litor- 'shore'.
lido from late 17th century:
This word for a public open-air swimming pool or bathing beach comes from Italian Lido, the name of a famous Venetian bathing beach. This comes from Italian lido ‘shore’, from Latin litus, also found in words like littoral (mid 17th century).
Palabras que riman con littoralliteral, presbyteral
Definición de littoral en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.