- A tropical American plant with brightly colored flowers that resemble a lobster claw, each being composed of boat-shaped bracts.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heliconia bihai, family Heliconiaceae
- For an unusual spring climber that makes a good show, I would suggest Clianthus puniceus, known as the lobster claw and the parrot's beak because of the curious shape of the petals.
- Bursts of colour from tropical flowers broke the sea of green - white orchids, bold red lobster claws and anthuriums - and the sounds of life in the forest, with cackling parrots and chirping cicadas, was almost deafening.
- Commonly known as lobster claws, Heliconia are close relatives of ginger, banana, and the bird-of-paradise plants familiar from florists' shops.
Más definiciones de lobster clawDefinición de lobster claw en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional