- A medical condition, usually resulting from a stroke that damages part of the brainstem, in which the body and most of the facial muscles are paralyzed but consciousness remains and the ability to perform certain eye movements is preserved.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One German patient with locked-in syndrome demonstrated telekinesis by "writing" a letter to his doctors, manipulating letters on a computer screen via an electrode apparatus on his head.
- In December 1995, at the age of 43, the author suffered a sudden and severe stroke in the brain stem and emerged from a coma several weeks later to find himself in a rare condition called "locked-in syndrome" (LIS).
- It is particularly important to be sure that there has not been localized damage to the brain stem with sparing of the cortex, resulting in the 'locked-in syndrome'.
Más definiciones de locked-in syndromeDefinición de locked-in syndrome en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional