- 1A vein of metal ore in the earth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rock layers surrounding coal lodes were penetrated and separated by drillers and explosives.
- Mineralogically, the conglomerate lodes have produced many superb specimens, although they contain fewer mineral species than the fissure veins and amygdaloidal lodes.
- Porcelaneous datolite occurred in the amygdaloidal lodes as veins, vesicle filling, and nodules.
- 1.1 [in singular] A rich source of something: a rich lode of scandal and alleged crimeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His research is such a rich lode that I intend to return to ancient Indian science in a future column.
- Marketing samples, for example, can be rich lodes of new failure types because these units are often the first to leave the engineering lab.
- Soil and sea yield unknown lodes of useful microbes
Old English lād 'way, course', variant of load. The term denoted a watercourse in late Middle English and a lodestone in the early 16th century The current sense dates from the early 17th century.
Más definiciones de lodeDefinición de lode en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional