Definición de loganberry en inglés:
sustantivo (plural loganberries)
1An edible dull-red soft fruit, considered to be a hybrid of a raspberry and an American dewberry.
- You could also add raspberries, loganberries, blueberries, tayberries and blackberries.
- Blackberries and raspberries are often crossed to give varieties such as the loganberry and tayberry.
- When the currants start to burst and flood the pan with colour, tip in the loganberries or raspberries.
2The scrambling blackberrylike plant that bears the loganberry.
- Rubus loganobaccus, family Rosaceae
- Cut out all the old fruiting canes from raspberries, loganberries and blackberries and tie in the new shoots.
- If loganberries and raspberries have not yet been cut down and the new canes tied in, do this now.
- Bearing this in mind, garden blackberries - and indeed tayberries and loganberries - must be cut back annually for ease of picking and to keep growth within bounds.
late 19th century: from the name of John H. Logan (1841–1928), American horticulturalist, + berry.
Definición de loganberry en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary