Definición de logarithmic en inglés:
1Of, relating to, or expressed in terms of logarithms.
- During the early logarithmic phase of increase in log-likelihood, the genetic algorithm method of determining branch lengths seems to work quite well.
- Gap fraction is computed by logarithmic averaging of the transmittances of subgroups of the data.
- The recent calculations reviewed in the article go beyond the valence approximation and attempt to improve the approach to continuum by a logarithmic factor relative to previous simulations.
1.1(Of a scale) constructed so that successive points along an axis, or graduations that are an equal distance apart, represent values that are in an equal ratio.
- Equal intervals on a logarithmic scale correspond to equal proportions on an arithmetic scale.
- Heterogeneity in the risk difference and the odds ratio on a logarithmic scale was not significant in the 10 trials that provided data on mortality.
- Under the assumptions that genes act multiplicatively (i.e., there is no epistasis on a logarithmic scale), the log of this ratio should decline linearly over time.
1.2(Of a curve) forming a straight line when plotted on a logarithmic scale; exponential.
- Craig published several more papers on the logarithmic curve, the curve of quickest descent and quadrature of figures.
- Cotes was particularly pleased with his rectification of the logarithmic curve as he makes clear in a letter to his friend William Jones in 1712.
- An accretional growth system that builds the special logarithmic curve of the coiled conch requires a suite of parameters, which are maintained in a very narrow zone of tolerance.
- Example sentences
- Nasal lavage and PBMC cytokine and the derived cytokine ratios were logarithmically transformed before analysis.
- The response variable was logarithmically transformed.
- We performed each analysis on the logarithmically transformed dependent variables.
Words that rhyme with logarithmiceurhythmic, rhythmic
Definición de logarithmic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan