Definición de loiter en inglés:
1Stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose: she saw Mary loitering near the cloakrooms
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My only other complaint was the over-attentive waiters, who always seemed to be loitering somewhere nearby, waiting for something to happen or checking that everything was fine.
- It turns out Risaku's mere hunch became reality and an assassin stood there, loitering in the doorway.
- You're standing here loitering about in a very suspicious manner.
1.1Travel indolently and with frequent pauses: they loitered along in the sunshine, stopping at the least excuse
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They look for odd or suspicious behavior: heavy clothes on a hot day, loiterers without luggage, anyone observing security methods.
- Occasionally some loiterers try to bum a cigarette or an argument breaks out.
- One option may be to play classical music at the station in a bid to deter loiterers.
Late Middle English: perhaps from Middle Dutch loteren 'wag around'.
Palabras que riman con loiterexploiter, goitre (US goiter), reconnoitre (US reconnoiter), Reuter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda