Definición de loiter en inglés:
1Stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose: she saw Mary loitering near the cloakrooms
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My only other complaint was the over-attentive waiters, who always seemed to be loitering somewhere nearby, waiting for something to happen or checking that everything was fine.
- It turns out Risaku's mere hunch became reality and an assassin stood there, loitering in the doorway.
- You're standing here loitering about in a very suspicious manner.
1.1Travel indolently and with frequent pauses: they loitered along in the sunshine, stopping at the least excuse
late Middle English: perhaps from Middle Dutch loteren 'wag around'.
- Example sentences
- They look for odd or suspicious behavior: heavy clothes on a hot day, loiterers without luggage, anyone observing security methods.
- Occasionally some loiterers try to bum a cigarette or an argument breaks out.
- One option may be to play classical music at the station in a bid to deter loiterers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia