- (Of a plant) needing a long period of light each day to initiate flowering, which therefore happens naturally as the days lengthen in the spring.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The genetic control of flowering has been extensively studied in Arabidopsis, a quantitative long-day plant that flowers faster under long days than short days.
- Cereals of temperate origin are typically long-day plants, and this causes heading during spring and early summer, so that the crop ripens towards the end of the growing season.
- In the long-day plant Arabidopsis, flowering is accelerated under photoperiods exceeding a critical daylength.
Más definiciones de long-dayDefinición de long-day en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional