- 1An animal of a breed of cattle with long horns.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cattle judges were from a federal agency that knew all cattle and not just the longhorns and shorthorns.
- Well, I am from Texas, where longhorns - cattle, that is - are indeed common, so perhaps the image is not entirely inappropriate.
- The ranch has its longhorns and horses along with a variety of small animals for the children to visit.
- 2 (also longhorn beetle) An elongated beetle with long antennae, the larva of which typically bores in wood and can be a pest of timber.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Cerambycidae (formerly in the superfamily Longicornia)
- The house longhorn is also a common pest in South Africa.
- Nerve compounds injected into vulnerable trees kill only 30 to 60 percent of the longhorns.
- Harmonic radar is one trick entomologists are using to understand the range of large insects such as the Asian longhorn.
Más definiciones de longhornDefinición de longhorn en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional