- 1A small yellow egg-shaped acidic fruit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Growing up in Kenya, my brother and I often shared the branches with a chameleon as we reached for the juicy, yellow loquats, keeping our eyes open for snakes.
- The golden loquat is the most popular fruit in the early summer.
- Good jams and jellies may be made from unripe loquats; and if the seeds are included these give an almond-like flavour.
- 2The evergreen eastern Asian tree of the rose family that bears this fruit, cultivated in subtropical regions both for its fruit and as an ornamental.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Eriobotrya japonica, family Rosaceae
- Numerous trees, including valley oaks Quercus lobata, redwoods and loquat trees, provide shade and visual delight.
- Although it's the depth of winter, the loquat trees are still verdant and the leaves of the osmanthus trees are fresh and green.
- In their garden, they had jackfruit, guava, mango and loquat trees which used to give them all their supply of fruit.
early 19th century: from Chinese dialect luh kwat 'rush orange'.
Más definiciones de loquatDefinición de loquat en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional