- The owner of a manor house (formerly the master of a feudal manor).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After the Norman Conquest the system of feudal landholding required the lord of the manor to provide a court for his tenants.
- By the Statute of Merton the lord of the manor or other owner of a village was allowed to enclose waste land for his own use only if he left adequate pasture for the villagers.
- This was a tax paid to the lord of the manor when an animal had been sold by its owner.
Más definiciones de lord of the manorDefinición de lord of the manor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional