Definición de lottery en inglés:
sustantivo (plural lotteries)
1A means of raising money by selling numbered tickets and giving prizes to the holders of numbers drawn at random.
- In some countries that hold state lotteries, tickets with number 13 will never be sold.
- All the Eastern States now are running lotteries to raise money in place of taxes.
- Many state lotteries, particularly in Europe, are selling tickets online, and more will join.
1.1 [in singular] A process or thing whose success or outcome is governed by chance: the lottery of life
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Student music can often seem like a bit of a gamble, if not a complete lottery, as far as an evening out is concerned.
- After all success with Atlantic Salmon is still the biggest lottery in fishing.
- After that, it is a complete and utter lottery, but Spurs are a good cup team, and definitely worth a pound or two.
mid 16th century: probably from Dutch loterij, from lot 'lot'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan