Definición de lotus en inglés:
- ● (also sacred lotus) A lily of Asia and northern Australia, typically with dark pink or white-and-pink flowers (Nelumbo nucifera, family Nelumbonaceae). ● (also American lotus) A yellow-flowered North American lily with bowl-shaped leaves (Nelumbo lutea, family Nelumbonaceae). ● (also Egyptian lotus) A lily regarded as sacred in ancient Egypt (the white-flowered Nymphaea lotus and the blue-flowered N. caerulea, family Nymphaeaceae).
- Wild rice could have been found in the deeper waters of the backwater sloughs along with white water lily, American lotus, arrowleaf, duckweeds, and pondweed.
- If your pond is at least three feet deep, you can experiment with wild rice, water lotus, and water lily.
- All water lilies and lotuses studied have aerenchyma.
- The music is inspired by the Ancient Greek myth of island dwellers whose diet of fruit from the lotus tree makes them forget their past troubles.
- The starving men ate the fruit, but Ulysses quickly understood that the lotus fruit destroyed men's memories.
- The Asian sacred lotus represents the highest branch on the botanical family tree that shows heat generation.
- In one popular depiction, he sits on a lotus flower between the Hindu gods Brahm and Indra and creates a vast number of lotuses all with himself seated in their centers.
- Two Swords are crossed in inner and outer conflict today but the flowering lotus, a symbol of love, in the middle of the two swords brings peace and compromise.
Late 15th century (denoting a type of clover or trefoil, described by Homer as food for horses): via Latin from Greek lōtos, of Semitic origin. The term was used by classical writers to denote various trees and plants; the legendary plant (sense 2) mentioned by Homer was thought by later Greek writers to be Ziziphus lotus, a relative of the jujube.
Palabras que riman con lotusDuns Scotus
Definición de lotus en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.