- It's been a day for idleness, for loafing about, for lounging, dozing, snacking and dozing some more.
- Sitting at a settee, Geneva lounged on it luxuriously while Margaret found the letter.
- The gas logs blazed as I lounged in my recliner and watched television with the beeper on the table.
- A few months ago, I was relaxing in the coffee lounge of a large hotel after an anniversary dinner with my wife.
- Two girls worked in the library, one in the club office, and the rest were spread out in the preparation room and the club lounge, where there was an icecream counter.
- Discussions are still taking place as to whether the new meeting room will be a bookable room or a lounge exclusively for campus clubs.
- These will be placed in high footfall areas like airport lounges, shopping malls and large retail chains, and will stock over 600 fast-moving models.
- "Our plan is to provide more space at the airport lounges especially for international passengers.
- So, like many writers before me, I'm writing my column in the departure lounge of an airport looking at the board which says ‘Delayed’.
- The parlor was adorned with a simple dark brown leather couch and lounge, a radio, and a coffee table.
- While couches and lounges decreased in popularity as the nineteenth century drew to a close, sofas became an essential item in every household, and the sofa bed became almost as ubiquitous.
- The old doctor sat by the fireside, talking to his fair patient who was lying on the lounge.
Early 16th century (in the sense 'move indolently'): perhaps symbolic of slow movement. sense 1 of the noun dates from the late 19th century.
Palabras que riman con loungescrounge
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: lounge
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.