Definición de lozenge en inglés:
- The windows with the lozenge pattern of leading are all found in pictures thought to have been painted in the late 1650s.
- At the left of the screen was a lozenge shape circled in red.
- The English method for dealing with hot boiled ham is to glaze it with brown sugar and mustard or fruit juice, and decorate by scoring the fat in a lozenge pattern and studding it with whole cloves.
- But don't give hard candy, cough drops or throat lozenges to children under 4.
- Our medicine cabinets are stocked with throat lozenges, painkillers and antiseptic creams designed to restore us to immediate health after the slightest scratch.
- For a sore throat, try lozenges obtained from your chemist, who is pleased to offer advice.
Lozenge, which primarily conveys a diamond shape, is from Old French losenge, probably derived from Spanish losa, or Portuguese lousa ‘slab’, and late Latin lausiae (lapides) meaning ‘(stone) slabs’. The word's use to mean ‘tablet’ arose in the early 16th century from their original diamond shape. Compare tablet at table
Palabras que riman con lozengeblancmange
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.