- The study of games and gaming, especially video games: ludology, like the games it studies, is not about story and discourse at all but about actions and eventsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ludology isn't helpful because it overemphasises just one aspect of videogames.
- I see ludology as a tool, not an ideal.
- In his dissertation he focuses on the effects of videogame play, attempting to incorporate the insights provided by ludology within the frameworks used by sociological and psychological researchers.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It also makes me wonder whether the hardcore 'ludologists' who believe video games aren't or shouldn't be a storytelling medium at all, might be on to something.
- The ludologists see this technique as anathematic to the gameplay experience; narratologists say it adds depth and direction.
- There is an ongoing battle between two videogame factions: the ludologists, who believe that game mechanics are everything, and the narratologists, who argue for the importance of story.
1960s: from Latin ludere 'to play' + -ology.
Más definiciones de ludologyDefinición de ludology en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional