The study of games and gaming, especially video games: ludology, like the games it studies, is not about story and discourse at all but about actions and events
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The timeline begins in 4000 B.C. and goes up to 1999 - and includes a zillion swooping arrows showing how ludology developed.
- In video game circles, the big debate these days is about whether video games are driven by narrative or by play-style - narrativology vs. ludology.
- As story and game-play fold together, ludology can be seen as providing a set of comprehensible rules for dramatic interplay based on user choices.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ludologists see this technique as anathematic to the gameplay experience; narratologists say it adds depth and direction.
- There is an ongoing battle between two videogame factions: the ludologists, who believe that game mechanics are everything, and the narratologists, who argue for the importance of story.
- Ludologists allegedly argue that games should be understood from the standpoint of "play" and narratologists allegedly argue that games should be studied for their narrative content.
1960s: from Latin ludere 'to play' + -ology.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: lu·dol·o·gy
Definición de ludology en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda