Definición de luna moth en inglés:
A very large North American moth that has pale green wings with long tails and transparent eyespots bearing crescent-shaped markings.
- Actias luna, family Saturniidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's not glamorous, but I must say that if I had to metamorphose into an insect, I could have done far worse, such as a meal-worm or one of those creepy luna moths.
- Particularly fascinating for Cooper was that each grouping - luna moths pinned in neat rows, elephant skulls all in a line, a jumble of sharks in a jar of alcohol - was a constant reminder of nature's endless variation.
- The poem's title arises from its final, extraordinary image of a female luna moth hanging in foliage outside a country church (presumably the Honey Creek Meeting House).
Late 19th century: luna from Latin luna 'moon' (from its markings).
Definición de luna moth en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda