Definición de lunate en inglés:
- The lunate microsporophylls and densely packed sporangia are consistent with the morphology of other noeggerathialean cones, such as Discinites Feistmanlel.
- Tellingly, a structure called the lunate sulcus was pushed toward the back of her brain, as it is in H. sapiens's, leaving more space for areas involved in advanced association, forward planning, and problem solving.
- It is supported by a narrow lunate platform along the dorsal margin.
sustantivo(also lunate bone) Anatomy Volver al principio
A crescent-shaped carpal bone situated in the center of the wrist and articulating with the radius.
- The proximal row of carpal bones includes the scaphoid, lunate, triquetrum, and pisiform, which are closely approximated to the distal radius.
- In prolonged cases, osteophytes may occur at the dorsal rim of the distal radius or dorsal aspects of the scaphoid or lunate.
- When the ulna is shorter than the radius, the lunate bone absorbs more force when the wrist is used for heavy gripping activities.
late 18th century: from Latin lunatus, from luna 'moon'.
Definición de lunate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan