- A large Australian songbird, the male of which has a long, lyre-shaped tail and is noted for his remarkable song and display.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Menuridae and genus Menura: two species, in particular the superb lyrebird (M. novaehollandiae)
- A feature of the book that has attracted much attention is ‘a world list of superior singers’ including 194 species, from Australian lyrebirds to canaries, heard by himself or reported by others.
- The lyrebird of Australia imitates other birds - and other sounds as well.
- They all construct mounds of earth or vegetation either for display - as does the super lyrebird - or as an incubator for eggs, as do the mallee fowl and the brush turkey.
Más definiciones de lyrebirdDefinición de lyrebird en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional