Definición de lysis en inglés:
1 Biology The disintegration of a cell by rupture of the cell wall or membrane.
- Inhibition of cell wall synthesis by penicillin resulted in disruption of the cell wall and lysis of the cell.
- Presumably, the shock treatments that elicit bursting disrupt the balance of wall synthesis and lysis responsible for cell wall extension.
- Apparently cinnamaldehyde blocks mitochondrial respiration and causes lysis of cultured liver cells.
2The gradual decline of disease symptoms.
- Samples for alkaline elution were kept in ice during irradiation and successive treatments until the lysis step.
- Hemoglobin measurements at timed intervals, used previously, are somewhat cumbersome and produce a relatively small number of measurements during a lysis time course.
Definición de lysis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan