Definición de ma'am en inglés:
1A term of respectful or polite address used for a woman: excuse me, ma’am
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He responded with a polite ‘Yes, ma'am,’ to a series of questions from the judge, posed to determine his knowledge of the charges against him.
- Thereafter, if you do become drawn into a conversation, it is perfectly acceptable to address her as ma'am, Lord Crathorne says.
- With all due respect, ma'am, it would be best for you to hire someone other than yourself to put Caci through some intense therapy.
1.1A term of address for a ranking female officer in the police or armed forces.
- Uh, ma'am, I know you're not exaggerating.
- Only because, ma'am, he's a bigger person than I am and I'm sort of defenceless compared to him.
- ‘Aye, ma'am,’ the officer of the deck said, and she gestured to the sensor station.
mid 17th century: contraction of madam.
Definición de ma'am en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia