Definición de ma'am en inglés:
1A term of respectful or polite address used for a woman: excuse me, ma’am
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He responded with a polite ‘Yes, ma'am,’ to a series of questions from the judge, posed to determine his knowledge of the charges against him.
- Thereafter, if you do become drawn into a conversation, it is perfectly acceptable to address her as ma'am, Lord Crathorne says.
- With all due respect, ma'am, it would be best for you to hire someone other than yourself to put Caci through some intense therapy.
1.1A term of address for a ranking female officer in the police or armed forces.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Uh, ma'am, I know you're not exaggerating.
- Only because, ma'am, he's a bigger person than I am and I'm sort of defenceless compared to him.
- ‘Aye, ma'am,’ the officer of the deck said, and she gestured to the sensor station.
Mid 17th century: contraction of madam.
Palabras que riman con ma'amalarm, arm, Bairam, balm, barm, becalm, calm, charm, embalm, farm, forearm, Guam, harm, imam, malm, Montcalm, Notre-Dame, palm, psalm, qualm, salaam, smarm
Definición de ma'am en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda