Definición de macle en inglés:
1A diamond or other crystal that is twinned.
- Almost all the creeks that have produced gold crystals have produced triangular spinel-twinned crystals or macles.
- Flattened contact twins are known in the gem trade as macles.
- Good brown macle twins up to several carats in weight have been available in recent years from the Udachnaya mine.
2 another term for chiastolite.
- The chiastolite, or macle, shows the representation of a cross on its surface, this effect being produced by the regular arrangement of carbonaceous impurities along the axes of the crystal.
- The variety chiastolite (also called cross-stone, or macle) forms long prisms in a cross section.
Definición de macle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan