Definición de magnanimous en inglés:
Very generous or forgiving, especially toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- More importantly, the ode implies that Henri is generous and magnanimous.
- She decided that, in light of the news she was going to share, she could be magnanimous and forgive Aria.
- It should be realised that without their good will and magnanimous gesture, such a major project as this could not go ahead.
generous, charitable, benevolent, beneficent, big-hearted, handsome, princely, altruistic, philanthropic, unselfish, chivalrous, noble;
forgiving, merciful, lenient, indulgent, clement
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Interestingly, the youngsters have handled highbrow ostracism magnanimously, countering it with open arms and inclusiveness.
- Petrova had no complaints about the final result, as she magnanimously admitted that she had been beaten by a better player on the day.
- He gestures silently, magnanimously to his guests, making a great show of his joy at their attendance.
Mid 16th century: from Latin magnanimus (from magnus 'great' + animus 'soul') + -ous.
Palabras que riman con magnanimousanimus, equanimous, pusillanimous, unanimous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda