Definición de magnetosphere en inglés:
The region surrounding the earth or another astronomical body in which its magnetic field is the predominant effective magnetic field.
- August 2 marked the beginning of 10 days of flares and explosions that would stir up the magnetosphere and radiation belts of Earth.
- Like the Solar Wind, the magnetosphere is full of plasma, consisting of ions and electrons.
- Observations from Earth showed that Jupiter has a massive magnetosphere and that the planet emits radiation at radio wavelengths.
- Example sentences
- Though magnetospheric physicists have long puzzled over the mechanism that accelerates the particles inside Earth's cavity, recent observations suggest that the Van Allen radiation belts act as a sort of cosmic particle accelerator.
- The observations showed a bending of the magnetic field, with the magnetospheric plasma being slowed and deflected by the moon.
- I work in planetary science, which includes very different fields like geology, atmospheric science, and magnetospheric studies - fields that rarely overlap.
Definición de magnetosphere en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan