- 1Hard reddish-brown timber from a tropical tree, used for high-quality furniture.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Artisans carve objects (ranging from wall hangings to furniture) from mahogany and other tropical hardwoods.
- The furniture was all mahogany and classic looking.
- Stockpiles of pine, cherry, hickory, cedar, hard pine, and mahogany were inventoried in the pattern shop.
- 1.1A rich reddish-brown color like that of mahogany wood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her deep red hair was the rich colour of mahogany and her eyes were a warm leaf green.
- Folly has now been followed up with the release of a second, stronger offering, Executioner, a 4.5 per cent dark beer, with a rich mahogany, almost reddish colour.
- There was one girl next to her about the same height as Kelsey with rich wavy mahogany hair, a spray of freckles on her face, and dark, chocolate eyes.
- 2The tropical American tree that produces mahogany timber, widely harvested from the wild.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Swietenia, family Meliaceae: three species, especially S. mahagoni
- At the higher elevations, manzanita is the abundant shrub, while midslope shrubs include chamise, coffeeberry, redberry, and two kinds of mountain mahoganies.
- Three wood species are available: all heart redwood, mahogany, and Western red cedar.
- We went through a set of pines, junipers, and mountain mahoganies and could see the big tree was right ahead.
- 2.1Used in names of trees that yield timber similar to mahogany, e.g., Philippine mahogany.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a current case, he's studying samples from a U.S. company that's trying to sell lumber and veneer that it claims are at least in part African mahogany.
- The whole room was decorated with African mahogany, everything from bedside tables to bookcases and sofas.
- The same is true of the African mahoganies, iroko and some of the South East Asian dipterocarps but the actual conditions required will vary from one ecological community to another.
mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de mahoganyDefinición de mahogany en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional