Chief in size or importance: a main road the main problem is one of resources
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With the forthcoming London mayoral elections in June, the three main candidates have thrown their hats into the ring.
- The only way out is the one and only main gate.
- I wandered about, and sat for a while in the main choir listening to the organ.
principal, chief, head, leading, foremost, most important, major, ruling, dominant, central, focal, key, prime, master, premier, primary, first, first-line, fundamental, supreme, predominant, (most) prominent, preeminent, paramount, overriding, cardinal, crucial, critical, pivotal, salient, elemental, essential, staple
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A principal pipe carrying water or gas to buildings, or taking sewage from them: a faulty gas main
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was also delivering water to the camp, where many mains and sewage pipes are broken.
- Numerous leaks have developed from broken water pipes and mains.
- There were reports of broken water and gas mains around northern Kyushu, and bullet trains and other railways and subways suspended operations, but later resumed running.
- 1by main force
- Through sheer strength.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The point of the author is that the accursed sons are trying to claim the blessing given to Shem by main force, as though power and strength are our salvation.
- The initial reflex of the regime was to do what it has always done, i.e. crushing the slightest show of opposition by main force.
- And then we shall henceforth decide by main force what truth and goodness shall be.
- 2in the main
Palabras que riman con mainabstain, appertain, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, brain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, gain, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, inane, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
1 historical A match between fighting cocks.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At a big cockfight main with Massa Lea early during the 1824 season, Uncle Mingo heard from an old trainer he had known for years that a hackfight was due to be held that coming Saturday afternoon behind the large barn of a local plantation.
Late 16th century: probably from the phrase main chance.
Palabras que riman con Mainalign, assign, benign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
Definición de main en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda