sustantivo (plural major-domos)
- The chief steward of a large household.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was almost relieved when the household major-domo materialised from somewhere to bow and request her presence.
- In a nineteenth-century South American setting, De Flores was a major-domo of slave stock, and his resentments, sexual and social, drove the action forward.
- Malvolio (Des McAleer) is a haughty major-domo, but where is his festering self-love and manic insecurity?
late 16th century: via Spanish and Italian from medieval Latin major domus 'highest official of the household'.
Más definiciones de major-domoDefinición de major-domo en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional