- 1Rounded like a breast or nipple, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The grounds in the neighborhood are covered with those common mammillary elevations known as ‘Indian corn-hills.’
- 1.1(Of minerals) having several smoothly rounded convex surfaces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Malachite is typically massive, forming thick, compact crusts with mammillary surfaces.
- Pale-to-medium blue mammillary rosasite aggregates occur with malachite in oxidized rock fallen from the north face of the open pit near the decline access drift.
- Shell units are tightly packed but separated in the mammillary layer.
- 1.2 Anatomy Denoting two rounded bodies in the floor of the hypothalamus in the brain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Especially in these cases, MRI findings with high signal intensity in the thalamus and mammillary bodies can be especially important.
- The hippocampus has output to the mamillary bodies and onto the anterior nucleus of the thalamus.
- It was bluntly perforated in front of the mamillary bodies with the aid of a catheter.
early 17th century: from modern Latin mamillaris, from mamilla (see mamilla). The spelling variant of -mm- was due to association with mammary.
Más definiciones de mammillaryDefinición de mammillary en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional