1Required by law or rules; compulsory: wearing helmets was made mandatory for cyclists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In some jurisdictions this is a mandatory sentence of death.
- Murder entails a mandatory life sentence; manslaughter carries with it no minimum sentence.
- The 1997 Act introduced mandatory minimum sentences for certain repeat offenders.
obligatory, compulsory, binding, required, requisite, necessary, essential, imperative
sustantivo (plural mandatories)
variant spelling of mandatary.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For bolstering his ego and political luster he depended also on occasional mass rallies, for which tens of thousands of citizens were mandatorily mustered to express - or anyway, feign - adulation.
- And lastly, we need to mandatorily register outgoing workers and provide them with incentives so that they will register as it has been done in Sri Lanka.
- Residents will be mandatorily evacuated beginning tomorrow.
Late 15th century: from late Latin mandatorius, from Latin mandatum 'something commanded'.
Palabras que riman con mandatorymandatary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda