Definición de mangrove en inglés:
1A tree or shrub that grows in chiefly tropical coastal swamps that are flooded at high tide. Mangroves typically have numerous tangled roots above ground and form dense thickets.
- Genera in several families, in particular Rhizophora and related genera (family Rhizophoraceae), and Avicennia (family Verbenaceae or Avicenniaceae)
- The swamps include sago palms, mangroves, and patches of tropical rain forest.
- It feeds on the seeds of a wide variety of trees, shrubs, grasses, mangroves and in rice plantations.
- Likewise mangroves grow well despite transient flooding of their root system with sea water.
1.1 (also mangrove swamp) A tidal swamp that is dominated by mangroves and associated vegetation.
- Passing out of the mangrove swamp, we entered a deep marsh.
- They marched until they were knee-deep in a mangrove swamp, then simply turned around.
- The three men raised both arms as they walked ashore and into a mangrove swamp.
Words that rhyme with mangrovealcove
Definición de mangrove en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan