Definición de mania en inglés:
1Mental illness marked by periods of great excitement, euphoria, delusions, and overactivity.
- When these types break down they tend to develop either hysteria or mania.
- In two striking chapters he describes an episode of acute mania and how his manic depression affects his life.
- And so what you're indicating there is that there are degrees of mania when it comes to manic depression.
1.1An excessive enthusiasm or desire; an obsession: he had a mania for automobiles
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like fashion and distinct from both fads and crazes, manias tend to develop by spreading downward through the social strata.
- Whether it is a mania for the latest hot rock star singer, or a mania to buy a financial asset, manias have truly exerted their influence for centuries.
- There will be gold rushes, booms, and manias aplenty in our future.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia