- another term, especially formerly, for bipolar disorder.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This range is emphasized in people suffering from manic depression, a disorder which brings on strong depression as well as extreme happiness.
- I didn't know it at the time, but he was under a psychiatrist's care for manic depression and several other mental illnesses.
- He suffered from manic depression after shell shock in World War II and the festival has been timed to coincide with Mental Health Week.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At first, Fisher may have ignored her friends' pleas, but she eventually found a psychiatrist, and a support group for manic-depressives.
- Psychological states that are genetic, like manic-depressive disorder, are extraordinarily difficult to change.
- My father's father, I am told, was manic-depressive back in the days when those words rarely appeared together or separately.
The term manic depression has largely been replaced with the term bipolar disorder, which many feel has a less negative connotation. People with the condition can be referred to simply as bipolar, or as having bipolar disorder.
Más definiciones de manic depressionDefinición de manic depression en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional