Another term, especially formerly, for bipolar disorder.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This range is emphasized in people suffering from manic depression, a disorder which brings on strong depression as well as extreme happiness.
- I didn't know it at the time, but he was under a psychiatrist's care for manic depression and several other mental illnesses.
- He suffered from manic depression after shell shock in World War II and the festival has been timed to coincide with Mental Health Week.
The term manic depression has largely been replaced with the term bipolar disorder, which many feel has a less negative connotation. People with the condition can be referred to simply as bipolar, or as having bipolar disorder.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At first, Fisher may have ignored her friends' pleas, but she eventually found a psychiatrist, and a support group for manic-depressives.
- Psychological states that are genetic, like manic-depressive disorder, are extraordinarily difficult to change.
- My father's father, I am told, was manic-depressive back in the days when those words rarely appeared together or separately.
Definición de manic depression en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional