- 1 (also manta ray) A devil ray that occurs in all tropical seas and may reach very great size. It is sometimes seen leaping high out of the water.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Manta birostris, family Mobulidae
- The star of Baja California on the Pacific coast is Cabo san Lucas and the islands and sea mounts off La Paz, where divers can encounter whale sharks, mantas and hammerheads.
- The sight that greeted me the first time I snorkelled off the beach in Eriyadu was a patrolling eagle ray, and mantas, turtles and small blacktip sharks are almost commonplace.
- The harvest of mantas in eastern Indonesia has increased exponentially in just a few years.
late 17th century: from Latin American Spanish, literally 'large blanket'.
Más definiciones de mantaDefinición de manta en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional