Definición de many en inglés:
determinante, pronoun, & adjetivo (more, most)
A large number of: [as determiner]: many people agreed with her [as pronoun]: the solution to many of our problems many think it is a new craze
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These parties may win many of their votes on the race issue, but they win very few votes.
- Over the years, many of those who used to be members have died or live in care homes.
- Over the past few weeks he has appeared in many of the smaller venues where he started out.
numerous, a great/good deal of, a lot of, plenty of, countless, innumerable, scores of, crowds of, droves of, an army of, a horde of, a multitude of, a multiplicity of, multitudinous, multiple, untold;
several, various, sundry, diverse, assorted, multifarious;
copious, abundant, profuse, an abundance of, a profusion of
informal lots of, umpteen, loads of, masses of, stacks of, scads of, heaps of, piles of, bags of, tons of, oodles of, dozens of, hundreds of, thousands of, millions of, billions of, zillions of, gazillions of, bajillions of, a slew of, a boatload of, more —— than one can shake a stick at
literary myriad, divers
sustantivo(as plural noun the many) Volver al principio
The majority of people: music for the many
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is an incredible case of where the needs of the many are trampled on for the needs of the one.
- It would be done not only by the cheques of a few, but by the pence of the many, he said.
- Troy depicts a war fought for the gain of the few and paid for in the blood and tears of the many.
- The same number of: changing his mind for the third time in as many monthsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is the third time we have met in as many months, but there is always a lot to talk about.
- This is the fourth time in just about as many months that the glass has been smashed by vandals.
- It is the second time a poll on the matter has been called for in as many months.
a good (or great) many
- A large number: a good many of usMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Johnson then went on to echo the thoughts of a great many at the time, even if their celebrations have proven a tad premature.
- Some people may indeed be educated but a great many more will be excited while others will be frightened and disturbed.
- I am sure that a great many of Wiltshire's citizens would be interested to hear if any positive action is to be taken.
have one too many
- informal Become slightly drunk.Oraciones de ejemplo
- They go out on the town, he has one too many and is picked up by Michelle's character, Cyrenne.
- We had been out the night before and probably had one too many.
- According to research by Virgin Mobile, out of the 60 million texts sent daily in December, 15 million of them are sent by people who have had one too many.
many a ——
- A large number of: many a good man has been destroyed by boozeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The sure-footed animal was easily kept and many a child owed its life to the milk of the humble goat.
- Most of the SUVs sport luxurious interiors, which would put many a family car to shame.
- Some had mist-filled eyes while many a countenance went white as a sheet of paper.
many's the ——
- Used to indicate that something happens often: many’s the night we’ve been wakened by that racketMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And she's right, of course, a lot of people do have stories to tell from their early days - many's the time I've been regaled by tales of being dropped by a major by the chap I'm buying shoelaces off of.
- Before he became a major romantic poet, and before he met his lifelong pal Chapman, Keats, like many's the young writer before him and since, worked for a time in a bar in Paris.
- When I campaigned to have football's maximum wage abolished back in the 1960s, many's the letterbox I had to dump my load through to press home our point.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán