Severe undernourishment causing an infant’s or child’s weight to be significantly low for their age (e.g., below 60 percent of normal).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Clinical impression of wasting of musculature of the limbs, but not severe enough to describe the child as suffering from marasmus was classified as emaciation.
- Patients with marasmus present with severe weight loss and wasting of both muscle and adipose tissue.
- Prevalence of clinical protein energy malnutrition in the form of marasmus was found in 6 children, while Kwashiorkor was not recorded.
mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek marasmos 'withering', from marainein 'wither'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most patients continued to lose weight, and marasmic malnutrition continued despite the provision of adequate calories and protein through the feeding tube.
- The young woman was clearly visible from the consulting room window, her emaciated frame draped in the tattered remnants of a sari, with a marasmic toddler balanced on her hip.
- The child is apathetic and does not cry often, unlike the anxious marasmic child.
Definición de marasmus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional