Definición de marching orders en inglés:
1Instructions from a superior officer for troops to depart.
- In February and March, thousands of the over 70,000 American soldiers stationed in Germany received their marching orders for the Gulf.
- I remain close with them, and as the unit received its marching orders a few called me to express their frustration.
- Uncertain of their next move, they received marching orders from a column of riflemen shouting ‘To the Tuileries!’
1.1 informal A dismissal or sending off: the ref called me over and gave me my marching orders
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- City's misery was all but sealed on 71 minutes when Edmondson received his marching orders for an unsavoury outburst directed at the referee's assistant.
- Local controversial unicity mayor Peter Marais received his marching orders from the Democratic Alliance yesterday after a day of drama that saw him walk out of a meeting of party bosses.
- Never one to evade a fight, the tough Scot began trading blows with Keegan, who had received his marching orders in a pre-season friendly against Kaiserslautern only four days earlier.
Definición de marching orders en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan