Definición de marching orders en inglés:
1Instructions from a superior officer for troops to depart.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In February and March, thousands of the over 70,000 American soldiers stationed in Germany received their marching orders for the Gulf.
- I remain close with them, and as the unit received its marching orders a few called me to express their frustration.
- Uncertain of their next move, they received marching orders from a column of riflemen shouting ‘To the Tuileries!’
1.1 informal A dismissal or sending off: the ref called me over and gave me my marching orders
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- City's misery was all but sealed on 71 minutes when Edmondson received his marching orders for an unsavoury outburst directed at the referee's assistant.
- Local controversial unicity mayor Peter Marais received his marching orders from the Democratic Alliance yesterday after a day of drama that saw him walk out of a meeting of party bosses.
- Never one to evade a fight, the tough Scot began trading blows with Keegan, who had received his marching orders in a pre-season friendly against Kaiserslautern only four days earlier.
Definición de marching orders en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán