- 1The amount added to the cost price of goods to cover overhead and profit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Profit margins and markups vary, depending on whether you are talking about a hand-crafted latte at a coffee house or a 12-ounce bag of whole beans at the grocery store.
- Since fish is very perishable, retail and wholesale markups are very high.
- But profit margins are so wide that many businesses will be able to absorb those costs instead of making huge markups on prices, a move that could cost them sales in a highly competitive marketplace.
- 2The process or result of correcting text in preparation for printing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This compartment supports basic viewing and text-based markup.
- These tools support review and markup through a Web browser, even for users not equipped with the originating CAD system.
- Here's a PDF file showing all the markups.
- 2.1The process of making the final changes in a legislative bill: the bill concerning acid rain is in markupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We are expecting early markup of the bills in committees in both the House and Senate, so I think things are going to happen quickly.
- I'm very hopeful that we will have a speedy markup and get this bill to the floor within a week or so.
- Regardless of the final markup, conventional congressional wisdom accepts that the additional funds will be needed sooner than expected.
- 3 Computing A set of tags assigned to elements of a text to indicate their relation to the rest of the text or dictate how they should be displayed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But in fact, HTML is just one markup language, while XML allows you to create your own languages.
- These developments are in part rivalled by increasingly sophisticated Internet markup languages like XML, which can also be used by agents.
- The Internet is based on using hypertext markup language, which allows users to view content irrespective of hardware.
Más definiciones de markupDefinición de markup en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional