- 1A builder and worker in stone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And her father, a retired stone mason, showed her how to carve up the hill into level, plantable tiers.
- The centre plans to conduct workshops for architects, builders, plumbers and masons, and set up mobile demo teams to spread the concept.
- However, some stone described by builders or masons as marble is not really marble in the geological sense, but is just some variety of unmetamorphosed limestone that can be cut and polished.
- 2 (Mason) A Freemason.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is similarly unconvinced, taking the grand master of the Masons at his word when he denied that the man had been a member.
- The Church reciprocated by forbidding membership in the Masons under pain of excommunication.
- It is believed that thousands of clergy and churchgoers are among the 350,000 British members of the Masons.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Build from or strengthen with stone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The derelict planks of the entrance creak and whine open; a gust of incensed wind trespasses our slice of heaven for a second, and then someone standing at the foot of the masoned steps points up into the shaft: ‘Ahi, Tonin's come!’
- She took a closer look out her masoned window, and was relieved when she saw the person she had hoped to see.
- The hypocausts from masoned brickwork were surprisingly well preserved.
- 1.1Cut, hew, or dress (stone).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our masoned stone originally comes from blocks of stone which are taken off their natural beds and split into manageable sizes.
- Soon we were supplying the trade primarily with masoned stone, most usually in the form of new doorsteps.
- Simple carved images on rough boulders blend easily with natural features in landscape, while the sophisticated textures of masoned stone enhance architectural forms both inside and out.
Middle English: from Old French masson (noun), maçonner (verb), probably of Germanic origin; perhaps related to make.
Más definiciones de masonDefinición de mason en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional