Relating to the mastoid process: mastoid disease
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The relationship between middle ear disease and mastoid development remains unclear although it is known that poor mastoid development is associated with middle ear disease.
- Cholesterol granuloma is usually associated with chronic middle ear disease and is common in the mastoid antrum and air cells of the temporal bone.
- Common to all of these patients is an abnormal connection between the sterile subarachnoid space, and the sinonasal region, middle ear cleft and mastoid cavity.
1The mastoid process.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Longstanding cholesteatomas expand to involve the mastoid, inner ear, and facial nerve.
- They were implanted in the mastoid, frontal and maxillary regions for periods of 1 week to 2 months.
- The group of patients underwent modified radical mastoidectomy because of the presence of a sclerotic mastoid with extensive cholesteatoma.
1.1 (mastoids) [treated as singular] informal Mastoiditis.
Mid 18th century: via French and modern Latin from Greek mastoeidēs 'breast-shaped', from mastos 'breast'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: mas·toid
Definición de mastoid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda