Definición de mathematics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
1The abstract science of number, quantity, and space. Mathematics may be studied in its own right ( pure mathematics), or as it is applied to other disciplines such as physics and engineering ( applied mathematics).
- He wrote on the history of mathematics and the philosophy of mathematics and science.
- This question is a perfect example of a problem in the branch of mathematics known as information theory.
- For example, in the history of mathematics, the concept of zero is rather late.
1.1 [often treated as plural] The mathematical aspects of something: the mathematics of general relativity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We thought that the latest attack might be thwarted by the machines' own faulty mathematics.
- Ruby was the person who had the mathematical ability and she did all the mathematics.
- The mathematics of counting then allow you to work out your winning chances, and how much your prize might be.
Words that rhyme with mathematicsinformatics
Definición de mathematics en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan