- 1A fabric case filled with deformable or resilient material, used for sleeping on.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His pillow was extremely soft, and the flannel sheets and firm mattresses were almost too comfortable.
- The boys sleep on mattresses and their days are filled with school classes, sport and counselling.
- These little critters are found in mattresses, carpets, soft furniture and bedding.
Middle English: via Old French and Italian from Arabic maṭraḥ 'carpet or cushion', from ṭaraḥa 'to throw'.
Más definiciones de mattressDefinición de mattress en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional