sustantivo (plural mayflies)
- 1A short-lived, slender insect with delicate, transparent wings and two or three long filaments on the tail. It lives close to water, where the chiefly herbivorous aquatic larvae develop.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Ephemeroptera: several families and many species
- Rations include a variety of insect larvae, especially mayflies, blackflies, caddis flies, and midges.
- During the breeding season, they also eat insects, especially dragonflies, mayflies, and caddis flies as they emerge from their aquatic larval stage.
- In rivers rainbow trout will feed primarily upon the larvae of mayflies and caddis flies.
- 1.1An artificial fishing fly that imitates a mayfly.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dapping natural and artificial mayflies also worked well.
- Mayfly hatches appeared to be sparse but trout were still taking artificial mayflies.
- I could clearly see my size 10 mayfly nymph as it proceeded downstream, bumping and lifting off the bottom.
Más definiciones de mayflyDefinición de mayfly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional