Definición de mayfly en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mayflies)
1A short-lived, slender insect with delicate, transparent wings and two or three long filaments on the tail. It lives close to water, where the chiefly herbivorous aquatic larvae develop.
- Order Ephemeroptera: several families and many species
- Rations include a variety of insect larvae, especially mayflies, blackflies, caddis flies, and midges.
- During the breeding season, they also eat insects, especially dragonflies, mayflies, and caddis flies as they emerge from their aquatic larval stage.
- In rivers rainbow trout will feed primarily upon the larvae of mayflies and caddis flies.
1.1An artificial fishing fly that imitates a mayfly.
- Dapping natural and artificial mayflies also worked well.
- Mayfly hatches appeared to be sparse but trout were still taking artificial mayflies.
- I could clearly see my size 10 mayfly nymph as it proceeded downstream, bumping and lifting off the bottom.
Definición de mayfly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan