Definición de mayor en inglés:
- After retirement she was town councillor and deputy mayor and was a member of many local societies.
- There were several cases where market towns had entered having mayors and town councils.
- Protesters voted to stay sitting there until the town's Liberal Democrat mayor came to see us.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But his reaction to these provocative acts is being closely scrutinised by the city's secular population, who fear his mayorship, which began on June 3, will lead to a theocratic agenda that threatens to curb their day-to-day activities.
- It was known that in the final hours of his mayorship, he had generously offered to have New York taxpayers pony up $800 million to build new stadiums for both of the baseball teams, but this had not been a binding deal.
- During the 4-1/2 years of my mayorship, we never implemented these separations that you are referring to.
major from Middle English:
Latin major means ‘greater’ from magnus ‘great’ ( see magnify), a sense still found in old-fashioned schools where ‘Smith major’ might be used to label the older of two brothers. The military rank is found from the late 16th century, while the sense ‘serious, excessive’ as in a major foul-up dates only from the 1950s. The mayor (Middle English) of a place, the title majesty (Middle English), and the majority (mid 16th century) all get their names from the same source.
Palabras que riman con mayoraffair, affaire, air, Altair, Althusser, Anvers, Apollinaire, Astaire, aware, Ayer, Ayr, bare, bear, bêche-de-mer, beware, billionaire, Blair, blare, Bonaire, cafetière, care, chair, chargé d'affaires, chemin de fer, Cher, Clair, Claire, Clare, commissionaire, compare, concessionaire, cordon sanitaire, couvert, Daguerre, dare, debonair, declare, derrière, despair, doctrinaire, éclair, e'er, elsewhere, ensnare, ere, extraordinaire, Eyre, fair, fare, fayre, Finisterre, flair, flare, Folies-Bergère, forbear, forswear, foursquare, glair, glare, hair, hare, heir, Herr, impair, jardinière, Khmer, Kildare, La Bruyère, lair, laissez-faire, legionnaire, luminaire, mal de mer, mare, meunière, mid-air, millionaire, misère, Mon-Khmer, multimillionaire, ne'er, Niger, nom de guerre, outstare, outwear, pair, pare, parterre, pear, père, pied-à-terre, Pierre, plein-air, prayer, questionnaire, rare, ready-to-wear, rivière, Rosslare, Santander, savoir faire, scare, secretaire, share, snare, solitaire, Soufrière, spare, square, stair, stare, surface-to-air, swear, Tailleferre, tare, tear, their, there, they're, vin ordinaire, Voltaire, ware, wear, Weston-super-Mare, where, yeah
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.