- The larva of a darkling beetle (genus Tenebrio), which is widely fed to captive birds and other insectivorous animals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They will readily accept human handouts of mealworms and bird grubs, often becoming so tame that they can be hand-fed.
- During early research, they used cadavers of Tenebrio molitor, commonly known as the yellow mealworm, and Galleria mellonella, or greater wax moth.
- In the past few years, litter beetles (especially the lesser mealworm [Alphitobius diaperinus]), have become the most serious pest affecting several types of poultry production systems.
Más definiciones de mealwormDefinición de mealworm en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional