(also mealy bug)
A small, sap-sucking scale insect that is coated with a white, powdery wax that resembles meal. It forms large colonies and can be a serious pest, especially in greenhouses.
- Family Pseudococcidae, suborder Homoptera: Pseudococcus and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They dart among flowers and lay eggs among clusters of aphids, mealy bugs, mites, scale and other pests where their larvae can feed.
- Insects such as ants, mealy bugs and thrips have been found in 37 out of 43 shipments, which then needed fumigation.
- Other common pests include spider mites and mealy bugs.
Definición de mealybug en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional