- Pope John Paul II has awarded a medal of distinction to a Sutton woman who has given her life to the service of the church, the young and the needy.
- The show garden section has been expanded, and the event awarded its own medals for the first time this year.
- This week her work was recognised when she was awarded the prestigious medal of the Order of Mercy from the League of Mercy.
verbo (medals, medaling, medaled; also chiefly British medals, medalling, medalled)
- Holland have only medalled three times at the world outdoor championships.
- The three people who made the team are very good athletes and they all are capable of medalling for us in Athens.
- Lipa consolidated her place as the most medalled Olympic rower with eight, and also became the first female rower to win five golds, having taken her first in Los Angeles back in 1984.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Sloane model seems to be intimately connected with a rare medal of Doria, which has been described as ‘perhaps the most beautiful’ of all his medallic portraits.
- A member of our own Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment received medallic recognition of his acts of bravery in saving members of his own platoon.
- The Thomason Medallic Bible is a set of sixty medals struck in 1830 that captures the essence of the entire Holy Bible in medallic art.
Medal goes back to medieval Latin medalia ‘half a denarius’, there being little difference in appearance between a coin and a medal. Medallion dates from the mid 17th century and originally meant ‘a larger medal’.
Palabras que riman con medalbackpedal, heddle, meddle, pedal, peddle, treadle
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: med·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.