- 1Situated in the middle, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Not until after midnight, in an eerie twilight, do we sideslip around a medial moraine and discover two gigantic black holes in the silver glacier.
- A medial moraine is a strip of morainal debris in the middle of glacier ice which marks where two glaciers come together.
- 1.1 Anatomy & Zoology Situated near the median plane of the body or the midline of an organ. The opposite of lateral.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The deep branch innervates the quadriceps muscle, knee joint, and medial ligament.
- With immobilization, the tight medial and posterior tarsal ligaments tend to yield.
- These fibers are named the medial and lateral patellar ligaments.
- 1.2 Phonetics (Of a speech sound) in the middle of a word.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Epenthesis also occurs after medial m in some words: for example, Latin camera and numerus became French chambre and nombre, English chamber and number.
- A total of 15 items were included on this task requiring students to delete initial, medial, and final phonemes from words.
- Children were asked to remove phonemes from the beginning or medial portions of one-, two-, and three-syllable words.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It passes anteriorly and medially through the upper part of the extensor digitorum longus muscle to the interval between that muscle and the tibialis anterior.
- The anterior nuclear group is situated more medially.
- On physical examination, a prominence may be appreciated medially and laterally to the Achilles tendon insertion.
late 16th century (in the sense 'relating to the mean or average'): from late Latin medialis, from Latin medius 'middle'.
Más definiciones de medialDefinición de medial en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional