- 1Denoting or relating to a value or quantity lying at the midpoint of a frequency distribution of observed values or quantities, such that there is an equal probability of falling above or below it: the median duration of this treatment was four monthsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He says the poorest bankruptcy filers, people who fall below the median income in their state, can wipe out their debts the same way they did before.
- The first value corresponds to the most heterogeneous values observed in the literature and the second to a median value.
- Frequencies of recombination correspond to the median value of two or three fluctuation tests, each one done with six independent colonies.
- 1.1Denoting the middle term of a series arranged in order of magnitude, or (if there is no middle term) the average of the middle two terms. For example, the median number of the series 55, 62, 76, 85, 93 is 76.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The median number of copies sold per week for the average book on the New York Times Best-selling list was 3,600.
- Most families are middle-class; the median household income in 1989 was $38,586.
- Further, the simple mean, median, and weighted average estimates for early, middle, and late estimates are quite close.
- 2 • technical , chiefly Anatomy Situated in the middle, especially of the body: the median part of the sternumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, results may be limited, because the bladder neck and median prostate lobe cannot be treated.
- The normally obliterated umbilical artery within the urachus forms the median umbilical ligament in the adult.
- The volar compartment includes forearm wrist flexors, pronator tendons, and median and ulnar nerves and arteries.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1The median value of a range of values: acreages ranged from one to fifty-two with a median of twenty-fourMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We calculated means, standard deviations, medians, and interquartile ranges as appropriate.
- Values are medians (interquartile ranges) unless stated otherwise.
- Descriptive statistics, including means, medians, range, standard deviation, and frequencies, were used to enumerate the TAT process.
- 2 (also median strip) North American The strip of land between the lanes of opposing traffic on a divided highway.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Coimbatore city has many such road medians, roadside parks and traffic islands.
- Also, we have requested the Public Works Department to install raised central medians on the highway roads to prevent people from crossing the road at will.
- And if everything goes well, the city's public gardens, roadside gardens and medians will use treated water for their maintenance by 2006.
- 3 Geometry A straight line drawn from any vertex of a triangle to the middle of the opposite side.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perpendicular bisectors of two pieces of its medians form a hexagon with opposite sides parallel (and some additional features).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from a shallow median sulcus which remains relatively narrow, the external surface is ornamented by fine and regular bands of microspines (about three bands per 1 mm valve length medianly).
- Externally the more medianly situated spine rows in the Spanish species are at about 45 degrees from the hinge line, as compared to about 60 degrees in A. satunensis.
- A second cephalon shows the anterior margin complete medianly and crossed by the median suture.
late Middle English (denoting a median vein or nerve): from medieval Latin medianus, from medius 'middle, middle of'.